Taking over a building to implement your business dream is an exciting endeavour! Depending on your industry and your employees, there are most likely some very personal details that would help ensure a unique and productive work environment. Start To Finish Construction has the skills and the manpower to help you transform your commercial space. Whether you are gutting an existing commercial property or have the luxury of starting from the ground up; our crew will get the job done on time and on budget. Kelowna, West Kelowna and the entire Okanagan Valley are in the midst of a construction boom and we couldn’t be more pleased!
Determining Your Office Space Requirements
Here are a few things to consider when designing your industrial office space:
- Are you meeting clients regularly? Do you need a separate boardroom facility?
- Do you entertain lunch time meetings or does staff need a kitchen area for their lunch break?
- Are you promoting a “Green” workspace with energy efficient appliances or will take-out containers comprise the majority of your garbage because of a simple oversight on your staff fridge, dishwasher and microwave?
- Is filming YouTube Videos and How-To Segments a regular part of your business?
- Is your staff more productive in a communal work environment with an open concept floor plan or do you prefer cubicles or individual office space? Or a combination of both?
- Is your company passionate about power naps or lunch time fitness for productivity? Do you need to implement an exercise space and or a rejuvenating centre?
- Do you need an elevator to access upper floors to meet mobility requirements?
- Would UV protection film or remote controlled shutters or blinds be helpful to deflect light from workspace computers and enhance privacy?
The more details you can incorporate into your “needs and wants” list, the more options we will be able to present in our drawings. It is important to let your imagination run freely and jot down your version of an ideal work space so that our creative team can help you realize your vision.
What does a tidy, organized space look like to you? If your staff is constantly tripping over their bags and personal items and jackets are strewn on the back of every chair…are you setting the professional tone you desire when clients visit? Perhaps a relaxed vibe is fine and the aforementioned are no issue. However, paperwork, filing cabinets, computer cords, TVs and associated technology all need a logical home for maximum productivity. Your custom office will be much more inviting for everyone if you can design it to be free from clutter from the very beginning.
Custom Office Furniture and Exterior Staff Space
Perhaps you have the flexibility and zoning approval for a roof top patio/staff room. Maybe a side, front or back patio space will be beneficial for a private area to eat lunch, catch a breather, enjoy that sunshine staff meetings and BBQs or take some private calls. Expanding your office to include the great outdoors is a healthy, vibrant and excellent way to help everyone enjoy some fresh air and refocusing while at work. Exterior boardrooms are an easy option here in our warm Okanagan climate.
Would standing, adjustable desks reduce your employees’ fatigue levels? Ergonomically correct work stations are tricky for everyone to enjoy unless they involve a level of adjustability since your staff come in all shapes and sizes. What are your individual lighting requirements? Does your crew need spot light accuracy to implement their latest ideas or would a room with dimmer switches enable their creativity to flow? From office storage to your staff room, Start To Finish Construction has the ideas and means to deliver the commercial office you crave. We look forward to discussing your office space ideals together and drawing up some custom solutions on your behalf. Give us a shout today!